Saturday, February 27, 2010

Living with others...

The people we are around will make us crazy or put us at ease, and oftentimes they do both at the same time (this is usually the case with our children and spouses!).

On Thursday evening I was on the phone with my friend Steve until 2 AM...not the exact recipe for a good night's sleep. But when the alarm went off 4 hours later I was not as weary as I was expecting and had a sense of peace about me. The restfulness of soul I felt in the morning is testimony to the power of connecting with good friends and living real lives amongst others.

On the same note, there were many nights in my younger years where staying up until 2 AM resulted in the exact opposite happening...connecting without becoming inebriated is better than getting "s--- faced" at a party and waking up sick. Wisdom comes with age, experience and pain!

1 comment:

  1. I sure do miss late nights at the waffle house(and the waitress smokin the cig while serving), or the silver diner and their carrot cake. But it was incredibly encouraging sitting up with you on the phone. It was salve for a weary soul. When I am feeling the words of Nehemiah 4:10, Granger calls and I rest in the warmth of a good friendship. But we will discover if you read the comments for I will proclaim here that Douglas Granger is a very secure guy to be good friends with a superior fisherman.

    ReplyDelete