Friday, March 5, 2010

Rigor and conflict...

This week has been one filled with rigorous work and difficult conflict. And the peace of soul I've found has been refreshing!

God calls us to rigorous work. The work I am a part of is complex mentally, emotionally charged and physical. The work I am a part of transcends my employment; I am part of work with my children, family and church that this week put me on the edge of eternity without a net in various ways.

The work I am a part of also entails conflict. I've heard it said that conflict in life ends when we are either dumb, disenchanted, disengaged or dead...none of these apply to me in any way, shape or form! So, while I am not a war-monger in the least, I do engage others with my full mind, body and soul about those things I am involved with. Sometimes we agree easily, but usually a conflict of some sort is necessary in important work. The conflicts are usually resolved without a "winner and loser;" the conflicts are usually resolved with both parties deepening in their understanding and character.

This week I have found that my conscience has been cleansed through the hard labor and conflict of which I've been a part. While I am physically exhausted, I am spiritually excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment