Monday, February 8, 2010

Well, Sarah said...

Well, Sarah said that I seem to have become very good at resting over these past few snow days and that it was about time for me to get off my rear-end and get something done around the house! And, as I've learned after 11 1/2 years of marriage, when Sarah says this to me it doesn't do any good to respond with a "But honey..."

"But honey, I've really had some great times playing with the kids!"

"But honey, I've updated all of the photos on my hard drive and uploaded some really neat ones to Facebook!"

"But honey, you have no idea how stressful my job can be!"

"But honey, I did go into work for 1 day last week!"

"But honey, I've really worked hard at keeping my New Year's Resolution to rest more!"

No, "But honey's" are not the right response...the right response is to get my rear in gear and do some of the things she finds important. Yesterday that included moving a ton of snow out of the driveway.

So here are some lessons I've learned about resting from Sarah:

1. Rest is harder to find when Sarah and I are not at peace.
2. Labor is important; constant restfulness seems lazy.
3. Don't talk about my New Year's Resolution so much!

Today I'm putting it in high gear early!

1 comment:

  1. I've been keeping it in high gear for the past 2 1/2 days...1 day of rest a week seems to be the gold standard.

    ReplyDelete