Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Olympics are bad for my rest...

The Olympics are bad for my rest! Last night, around 9:30, Sarah and I decided to turn on the men's figure skating...it didn't end until midnight! By that point, after hours of hearing stories about male figure skaters competing with one another, I was wired and tense. It was at least 1:30 before I fell asleep!

I know, we need a DVR or TIVO. But that requires cable ($30 or so a month) and a subscription ($15 a month). And if $45 a month was all it took to help me rest more it would definitely be worth it. But I have a feeling that having access to these things would actually encroach on my rest more often and more pervasively than what is already happening. If we had cable and a TIVO I'd be able to watch Zack and Cody, the History Channel, MTV etc...and if my childhood is any example I would spend many hours on my tail end not really sleeping, but not really being awake either.

The real choice is not whether to spend $45 on cable and a TIVO. The choice is between entertainment and rest...which is more important? Ugh. I love them both. But I have to choose...tonight I choose rest and sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment