Saturday, November 6, 2010

Music...

Last Saturday on my way home from the hardware store there was an acoustic guitar version Sweet Child O' Mine playing on the radio. The guy playing had a really good looping pedal and before he was 30 seconds into it I was on the phone calling the radio station to find out who was playing...it is an amazing, beautiful, intense arrangement. By the time I had reached home (only 10 minutes away) I had downloaded the song from iTunes. I have to share it with you! Here's the link to the Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWPQLDKOnh4

This reminded me of something I have known for years: music matters. At one time called "the music of the spheres," humans have always connected with organized sound. Hearing a good song, or being sidetracked by a piece that completely captures you, provides a sweet release and deeper meaning to the mundane, terrible, or wonderful moments of my life. Because of the song, and the story it has created for me, I will always remember last weeks routine Saturday trip to Martin's Hardware.

1 comment:

  1. I read all your posts for November. Some deep and wordy thoughts...Hmm- I somehow knew you were really deep! Love you.

    ReplyDelete