Saturday, November 20, 2010

Naptime...

Yesterday I was able to grab a 30 minute nap after work and before my evening began. When I woke up I was very, very groggy for about 5 minutes, but after that I felt totally refreshed! My patience with the kids and evening chores, along with my attitude about working late at school, were totally better than normal.

Getting a nap in my family is a team effort. To make it happen I needed help from Sarah (who kept the kids out of the house at the park), my boss (who let me leave a bit early), our neighbor (who helped with the boys while Sarah was indisposed), and my children (who came in bouncing on the bed to wake me up). Solar eclipses are more likely to take place than me getting a nap on a weekday in the afternoon when I'm not sick! But I am going to try to make arrangements so that this can occur for both Sarah and I more often.

Harry Truman took a 30 minute nap everyday. If the President who served at the end of WW2 and the beginning of the Cold War found time for a nap I may be able to as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment