Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Year's Resolution...Rest More!

Married life with 4 kids is the absolute definition of bedlam...of course I love being in the middle of the fray! But I do find myself quite tired. My New Year's Resolution is to rest more...I was told that the most counter cultural thing a Christian in the U.S. can do is to rest more. I'm three weeks into it so far and find it to be a very profound walk.

Lessons learned so far (learned but not necessarily applied)
1. It is impossible to rest outside of God's will.
2. It is impossible to rest when I'm harboring anger towards somebody.
3. God will fight my battles.
4. God calls us to a rigorous life, but in him it is not a paradox to rest.
5. If I'm not close to him I will not know when he wants me to rest and when he wants me to be rigorous.
6. I don't know the first thing about rest.
7. I don't know the first thing about really trusting God with my life.
8. God rested from his work. I am not better than God when I don't rest.
9. Lying flat on my back for an hour is a great way to start the sleep process.

No comments:

Post a Comment