Monday, January 25, 2010

My eyes are open...

Today my eyes are open without any undue effort; the default mode for my eyes is "open!" I notice it because the feeling is so different from what I am used to. Typically, and unconsciously, my eyes are default "closed." The muscles in my face are working to keep them open because I have, invariably, not slept much the night...week...month...year before. Today I feel the difference!

On Saturday I vowed not to leave my property; I made a commitment to staying home the entire day! At 1 PM I put down the mop in the kitchen, left the bucket in place, and retreated to my bedroom for a 1 hour nap. At 8:30 PM I went to bed, slept for over 8 hours, and woke up refreshed. On Sunday I had down-time in the afternoon and, last night, had another good nights sleep. Today I feel GREAT!

Ever since my junior year of high school I have been a "let sleep come later" person. I worked part-time jobs late into the evening, woke up early for school, and did extra-curricular activities most afternoons and weekends. Ever since then I have been a strong believer in the "I only need six hours of sleep and two cups of coffee to survive" philosophy. Today I have lost some of my faith.

Tonight I'll be in bed by 9:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment